The heralded day is here. It’s Day One of the July Uber Frugal Month Group Challenge and there’s still time to join me–and thousands of other frugal devotees–for our month-long journey to financial wellness.
Sign-up in the box below by 11:59pm EST today, July 1, 2022!
And again, this is not the Underwear Fang Monkey OR the Unstoppable Ferocious Moth Challenge–although both of those sound like they have a lot to offer–this UFM is the one that’ll help you get better at money. It’s not just about frugality, it’s not just about being uber, it’s about how you relate to your money, what your money makes you FEEL and how you can chart a healthier, more productive future.
I don’t think money is the root of all evil, but I do think money is the root of a lot of our problems. And I think it doesn’t have to be that way. You too can have an informed, confident approach to your personal finances. The UFM is a month-long, FREE, email-based program I developed as a result of my own journey to financial awareness. It follows the steps I took (and still take) to understand my finances and feel enfranchised to make decisions about my future.
Things the UFM does not have:
- Financial jargon:
- I try to explain everything in words that I understand–not with flashy phraseology.
- Get-rich-quick schemes:
- The UFM is about how you manage and relate to the money you already have.
- Plus, if a financial thing seems too good to be true? It probably is.
- Shaming, guilt or judgment:
- This month is NOT about berating ourselves for past financial mistakes.
- It’s not about feeling guilty for not knowing something about $$$ until now.
- It’s not about judging the financial choices of other people. It’s about educating ourselves to make the best financial decisions we can for our own future.
- A One-Size-Fits-All Approach to Personal Finances:
- That doesn’t exist. Everyone’s goals, family composition, income and expenses are different and THAT IS OK.
- I’m not here to convert you to the “one right way” because there IS NO ONE RIGHT WAY.
- Underwear Fang Monkeys.
- Folks, I cannot say this enough: there are no Underwear Fang Monkeys. Please stop asking.
Things the UFM does have:
Daily emails from me:
- Focused on a theme for each day with a related mantra, action item to complete and link to recommended reading.
- Education about money in easy-to-understand terminology.
- To discern your own personal goals–financial and otherwise–to help guide you towards a healthy, life-long relationship with your money.
- To feel confident about your money.
- Whether or not you find them funny is up to you, but you can’t say I didn’t try.
- Many report I’ve tried too hard.
- A warm, supportive community of fellow UFM participants:
- In the private UFM Facebook Group, which now has over 6.1K members.
- You’ll receive a link to join this group in the first UFM email.